7/13/10

Review 84: Successful Man

Art: 8
Plot: 8
Characters: 9
Sex: 8.5

This is the gay version of 'My Fair Lady'. Except that the boy in question has been picked out ahead of time instead of on the streets. Formerly living with foster parents, the uke has been told that on his twentieth birthday, he will join his benefactor and go into training to succeed him. But his benefactor, in addition to be 'the perfect successful man', is also difficult to deal with. He expects things to be done when and how he wants, and he also makes some disturbing moves on the uke that he later apologizes for. In a setting such as this, is love even possible...?

I didn't notice much about the art, which means it was good.

The plot was pretty interesting, and I was even surprised at some points. The uke's tenacity is admirable, and it really does remind me of 'My Fair Lady'.

The characters are really what brings this alive. For instance, if the characters had been weaker - the uke more helpless and the seme more sadistic - it could have turned out like No Money. I shudder to think.

The sex is actually kinda creepy the first time, but by the end of the novel it's quite satisfactory. Not taking too many points off, I suppose.

All in all, 33.5/40. Not too shabby! Why do I feel like playing Pokemon Snap...

Recommendation: If you loved 'My Fair Lady', or if you like businessmen in your yaoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers