7/19/10

Review 115: Bitter-sweet Cafe

Art: 8.5
Plot: 8
Characters: 8.5
Sex: 7

Hurrah, Akira Kanbe! This one contains one of my favorite quotes, which is, "But isn't cake the symbol of happiness?" Such wisdom in a yaoi... my, my. But, silliness aside, this is really a heartwarming read. The plot is pretty simple - boy meets boy, takes boy in, they work at a cafe together - but surprisingly effective with the use of such nice characterizations. The seme has a sad past (I guess I'll find out more when I read the prequel... oops), but he's really a good person who's just experienced tough times. The uke is pure-hearted but an awful cook, which would seem cliche but ends up being endearing in this case. Obviously the art is great.

As for the sex, it's just okay. I guess it makes sense with the characters, but it isn't particularly great.

32/40.

Recommendation: If you like a sweet uke and protector seme pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers