7/16/10

Review 100: Bi no Isu

Art: 8
Plot: 8
Characters: 8
Sex: 7

I saw the title of this one and immediately thought, 'Hey, another one about a chair!' No. Not really. The translation is actually 'Coercion Chair', and it's a yakuza yaoi. Again. Only this one is... dare I say it?... good. Wow.

The art is decent, and even though the seme has some semblance of a beard, I'll let that slide. They're all drawn pretty well, anyway.

Pretty predictable plot, but it's yakuza stuff so it's all right. People shooting people, who in turn shoot other people... you know, the usual. Rescue-by-uke is especially fun.

The characters are good, but I can't identify with either of them. The seme has trust issues, which makes sense because when you're high up in the yakuza you trust no one. The uke, on the other hand, has completely let go of any fear in order to follow the seme wherever he goes, take a bullet for him, and whatnot (thankfully, he does not take a bullet for him... that would be far too melodramatic).

The sex is all right. It's pretty S&M influenced, if you ask me. Meh. I suppose they have an excuse, as they ARE staying at a sex hotel. I think. I might have missed that memo.

All in all, 31/40.

Recommendation: Yakuza enthusiasts, bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers