5/4/10

Review 24: Sweet

Art: 9
Plot: 7
Characters: 8
Sex: 9

Ah, Minami Haruka, how I love thee... and I'm a little ashamed to say it, but the all the cakes in this yaoi excite me more than anything else. They look so delicious! Okay, okay, enough of that.

The art is great, of course, as expected of a well-known yaoi artist. Clean lines, beautiful desserts... you know, standard stuff.

The plot follows Yuushi, a company worker who is told to get the manager of a five-star hotel to agree to sell their cakes through Yuushi's company. However, the manager won't agree unless Yuushi sleeps with him... every night. In return, he lets the company sell his desserts and also gives Yuushi the sweets as rewards. It's twisted, but hey, free cake!

The characters, as you can already see, are flat and completely unrealistic. I do sympathize with Yuushi, however, for letting himself be manipulated by lovely desserts... I feel a bit wistful thinking about that situation, myself.

The sex is very well-drawn and certainly hot enough. Add in the after-sex cakes and Haruka's on a roll again.

All in all, 33/40. The art and the cake-sex make up for the complete lack of plot and character development.

Recommendation: Do not read this while you're hungry! Trust me, just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers