5/4/10

Review 23: No Money

Art: 8.5
Plot: 6
Characters: 8
Sex: 6

Okay, so I'm really biased on this one for a number of reasons, but let's just start out with the plot. This yaoi begins at a human auction, where Ayase (the supposedly 20-something guy who is the blonde in the above picture) is being sold against his will. Big businessman Kannou, the other guy in the picture, storms in and buys him for 1.2 billion... in cash. Yeah, right, but whatever. What really annoys me about this yaoi is the fact that, instead of explaining why he bought Ayase and helping him out of his debt (the reason for the mafia dealings), he becomes furious when Ayase doesn't remember him. And then he rapes him. This child-like little uke versus the humongous, muscular seme. It pisses me off that some yaoi choose to portray things this way, perpetuating the aesthetic values of shotacon and rape at the same time... I don't care what other people enjoy, but if I'm reading a yaoi where the uke is supposed to be over twenty, I want the uke to not look like a 12-year-old, because that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Anyway, ending that little rant, the art is pretty nice in this one if you can get past Ayase's frail-looking form. Obviously I have a problem with the plot, as explained above. And the characters don't exactly help me out enough, though Ayase progresses through volume one (I didn't read past that, so I can't say about the rest of it). And there is a hilarious crossdressing guy who adds the comic relief that is severely needed to lighten the frequent semi-rape scenes.
I don't think I have to say anything about the sex that wasn't said already.

All in all, 28.5. Let's just say it's lucky it has nice art.

Recommendation: I feel awkward saying this, but... don't try this one unless you're comfortable seeing angelic little ukes suffering. Personally, I'm happy I'll never be reading this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers