6/15/10

Review 34: Hoshi no Yakata

Art: 6
Plot: 6
Characters: 6
Sex: 6

Honestly, if I wasn't dead-set on reviewing every single yaoi manga on Spectrum Nexus and Mangafox... I would never even touch this one. It looks like two women engaging in heavy bdsm. I mean, really.
Moving on, the plot (what plot?) features Sumiya, the 'mistress' who is always requested by the nameless beauty with a mysterious circumstance. Basically, the whole thing is just explicit bondage sex, master and slave dynamics... they're covering all their bases here.

I'm not at all fond of the art, particularly because both males look like... females. And to someone who is as used to seeing effeminate men as I am (...) this means that the characters really look like girls. So it has the appearance of a yuri. Or some sort of futanari business going on, but don't look that up if you don't know already.

I am appalled at the lack of plot.

The characters don't get much development at all. Mostly because the secondary guy is nearly always gagged and unable to say anything. I can't identify with anyone in this story, so the characters are failures.

The sex is difficult to assess in this case. If I was someone interested in the bdsm brand of funsies, I would probably give it a decent score. However, since it is heavy bdsm, and incredibly explicit, it's a definite turn-off to those of us who prefer our yaoi to be more vanilla... or at least not as weighted towards the bdsm side of things.

All in all, 24. Ouch...

Recommendation: if you're interested in bdsm. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers